Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Bear One Another's Burdens Galatians 6:2 Part III


Our redeemer

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Ladies, you can rest in the midst of your burdens, if you cast your cares on Jesus (I Peter 5:6-7). 

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


Let’s look at Naomi and Ruth:

Naomi, went through her grief and bereavement, not understanding God, not knowing his plan her and Ruth, she did not cast her care on God, she accused God in 1:13 saying he was against her.  In 1:20-21, she continues to believe God is against her, telling the entire city.  She looked back to what she once had, not recognizing what she currently was blessed with: Ruth, who vowed to take care of her, not realizing the future God had for her and Naomi.  And I don’t make light of her pain and suffering, nor yours.  However, often we quote, Jer. 29:11 -14 (ESV), but we don’t believe God has plans for us because of what we are currently going through. (A diagnosis, relationship conflict, disrespectful and disobedient children, unfaithful husband, death of a love one, job loss, confusion in the church, financial problems, oppression, depression, etc.) That’s when trust in God and faith in him must step in, it has to be activated.  My sisters, when you are weak, your sister should restore you in the spirit of meekness, when you don’t have that trust and faith in him, your sister that is helping to bear your burden must do her job to lead you back to the Christ, the greatest burden bearer of all.

Jeremiah 29:11-14King James Version (KJV)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Jeremiah 29:11-14English Standard Version (ESV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


Naomi did not trust God in her situation, she leaned on her own understanding, and she did not acknowledge God so he could direct her paths. Obviously Ruth did.(I’m not adding to God’s word, just like the Book of Esther, God’s name is not mentioned but he is all over that book.) –In order for Ruth to marry she had to convert to the ways of the Israelites, so she learned the Word of God.  After she married a Hebrew, she had ten years to learn about the God of Israel.  She took a step of faith to trust Naomi’s God, when Naomi was weakened by grief. (Ruth heard about the God of Israel now she’s going to know him for herself, so she takes up her cross to care for her mother- in-law 1:15-17 read and 2:2* read 2:1-4, 8-12, 13-16)  She spoke by faith in verse 2 to find grace.  Her trust was in God verse 12.  She asked for favor in verse 13 and received it in 14-16. (Ask and received: Mt. 21:21-22, Mt. 7:7-8; Luke 11:8-10)

The bible says, two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor.  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: Eccl. 4:9-10 paraphrased.


Announcement:

Please remember, if you do not receive an email about the Bible Study Blog, the new blog post is posted on each Tuesday during the Study.

In the  lesson, we’ll continue to study the “Bear One  Another's Burdens” You will be given a bible study guide to complete. 

Churches, Bible Study groups, etc., that would like Evangelist Waters to speak at your church, bible study, conference, women’s ministry, special program, etc.  Please contact Minister Waters on her website listed below, on the


 

Contact Evangelist Waters:
www.PureGoldEvangelisticMinistries.com
Follow my Bible Study Blog: 
www.PureGoldMinistries.blogspot.com
Follow the Weekly Prayer Blog:
www.PureGoldEvangelisticMinistriesPrayer.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment